Re: [OM] 35mm film lost the battle against digital ?

Subject: Re: [OM] 35mm film lost the battle against digital ?
From: john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 18:16:22 +0000
On Tue, 08 Oct 2002 12:16:29 +1000, Wayne Harridge
<wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Personally I find it hard to believe 100% *anything* I read in a newspaper,
>see on
>TV or hear on the radio, especially anything coming from a politician.

Same in the UK, whether it's from the tabloids or the "quality" media
like The Times, Independent or even the BBC. Indeed the latter offends
particularly in its treatment of science and technology.

The speculation and misinformation after a disaster (the Concorde
crash was a notable example) is wholly irresponsible. The UK media
spent weeks (literally) blaming the engines for the Concorde crash,
yet the engines themselves were blameless. Quite apart from anything
else, I wonder what it did for Rolls-Royce's business?

John Gruffydd (Mold, Wales, UK)