Re: [OM] Following discussion of discontinuing of the OM series

Subject: Re: [OM] Following discussion of discontinuing of the OM series
From: Dan Lau <dlau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 08:21:49 -0800 (PST)
On Mon, 28 Oct 2002 09:42, "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>dolphans1@xxxxxxx wrote:
>> Why should I invest into possibly going over to Olympus digital, when Olympus
>> Corp is willing to abandon their OM series.

>Yes, you shouldn't invest on Olympus digital if you need a company
>that support their camera system forever.

But I think the two are completely different.  Film cameras
have remained basically unchanged for decades.  There is very
little improvement that can be added to it.  On the other hand,
digital photography, like all things electronic, is changing
every day.  The camera you buy today is obsolete tomorrow.  So
why would ANY company support the same digital camera system
forever?  Does not make business sense.  Not for Olympus, not
for Kodak, C*n*n, ...
        -Dan