[OM] Reintroduction and purchase questions.

Subject: [OM] Reintroduction and purchase questions.
From: "R. Jackson" <jackson.robert.r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 22:10:12 -0800
Hi. I've been on the list a couple of times before. I've been using OM system cameras since '79 or so. I'm currently studying film and making some really questionable little Super-8 student films. I've been using my OM-1n a lot to shoot production stills that I use to show progress on a weekly basis (while the Mini-DV kids show dailies). Anyway, with the OM system being formally discontinued by Olympus I find myself really wanting to grab a new body before they're impossible to find new anymore. I'm also thinking of buying a 35-80mm F2.8 lens before they're all gone. I was wondering if anyone has any advice on where to buy. If anyone has any 3 vs. 4 preferences they feel like sharing (I notice that the 3Ti is selling for considerably more than the 4Ti). And finally, if anyone owns that lens and has any opinions about it.

I really appreciate any feedback you folks can give me.

-Robert Jackson
 Santa Rosa, CA