Re: [OM] Mamiya 6 -->Why doesn't a camera manufacturer

Subject: Re: [OM] Mamiya 6 -->Why doesn't a camera manufacturer
From: iwert <zuiko@xxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 10:33:49 +0200
op 25-10-2002 02:57 schreef Andre Goforth op andregoanon@xxxxxxxxx:

> Zuiks,
>
> A couple of weeks ago someone mentioned their favorite
> walk around was an Agfa Isolette(sic), a vintage
> medium format folding camera. I didn't think anything
> about it except how curious. To make a long story
> short I was in a camera store that sells used Oly
> equipment looking for fangs and saw this "thing" where
> some funky OM10s were sitting. They had just taken in
> the "thing" and it was a Zeiss Ikon Super Ikonta BX.

> I want to thank the zuikohlic who mentioned that his
> favorite walk around camera was a folder. That comment
> helped tip the scale for me and "go for it" and not
> look where I was going. I have to admit that I really
> like walking around with this camera and am happy to
> finally be in the world of medium format. As of Oly
> equipment I still walk around with it too and plan to
> as long as there is a way to keep it working.
>
> Andre

No thanks... I used my Agfa's before OM, and still like them alot. The
folders compare very well in weight and compactness, the thing that makes it
so nice as a walkaround camera for me are: Nobody is affraid of this camera,
only one lens, so I know what I will see, completely manual, so in a way a
very relaxed time composing pictures, also knowing I only have twelve
exposures! Maybe we could do a [OM][OT][vintage 6*6] from time to time.

I wish you lot's of amusement with this folder.

Iwert

ps and no, you won't forget about the OM's...