Re: [OM] KPP aka Qualex aka Kodalux "Perfect Touch"

Subject: Re: [OM] KPP aka Qualex aka Kodalux "Perfect Touch"
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 16:01:19 +0800
If you have color negative, you need to scan and save them. I have
some 25 years old negative, they almost lost all their color. Some
poor negatives has serious color shift in just ten years. I'm starting
to scan all my old negatives with the Nikon 4000ED, only the ROC can
save them, even with 10 years experience in Photoshop I can't do
anything come close the the ROC at least not as fast :-)

I have also scanned my 92' Europe trip (since most of my prints in the
albumn has turned yellow) and have around 500 frames output with Fuji
Frontier, they just look better than ever (better than new one from
normal one hour lab). I have send a few old negatives to normal one
hour lab, they simply can handle the color shift. I won't send my
negative directly to digital lab. but I will scan them myself and give
the file to them for output.

John, I know most of your work is in Kodakchrome, you are more lucky
than me, there is no more Kodakchrome supply here in Hong Kong. I can
only use Ektachrome or Fujichorme, they may not look as great after 20
years.

C.H.Ling