Re: [OM] OT: AT-X glass on the 'Bay

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: AT-X glass on the 'Bay
From: "Roger D. Key" <rdk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 23:59:44 +0200
As a matter of interest a Tokina AT-X 28-85/3.5-4.5 was sold a couple of
days ago on UK eBay for 155GBP!! That is around 240USD! It was sold by a
seller with a good reputation, but.....

I had better put my two on eBay......

Roger Key

I bought a Tokina ATX 28-85 for around $65-$75 with the intention of giving
it to my son-in-law.  Prior to sending it his way, I used it and was very
pleased with the results.  The one on ebay has a BIN of about $115-$120 and
I wouldn't buy it at that price for several reasons.  It appears to be well
used, it doesn't have the dedicated hood and you should be able to get one
for less.  Were I buying one, I'd probably try to get this one at around
$50 to $65.  Actually, I'd try to get one in better shape with the lens
hood and would pay a few dollars more for it.  Bill Barber