Re: [OM] A tragedy has happened here

Subject: Re: [OM] A tragedy has happened here
From: John and Julie Ockman <jrockman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 20:37:00 -0400
Volkart,
 I by no means consider myself an expert on German Bier. I have been
told many times, by many Germans, that if you want to start a fight with
a German, mention that the bier from his home town taste something like
cougar pi**. :) I spent 5 years in Bad Kissingen and Darmstadt(about1/2
the time in each). I had a few German friends, and almost all liked the
Schnieder brews, and I noticed a lot of the working people drinking
Tucher. Tucher was actually the 1st bier I enjoyed drinking at room
temperature, being like most Americans, and preferring the cold beer.
You have to understand, most any German Bier is better than an American
beer-they take all the character out of it here. I have tried American
micro brewery stuff, but it just is not consistantly good. I am trying
desperately to get back to de Bundesrepublik, but I am lacking the
cooperation of my wife, so I spend my few saved dollars on camera stuff.
I am only 45, and want to get back before I get too old. I really want
to go back and go all over Bavaria again. I spent a lot of time visiting
Gasthuases and restaraunts in small towns and sampling the local biers
when I was there before. I can not however, tell you the name of a
single one. I am also partial to the wines. I have a couple of Franken
wines in my stores that I am looking forward to consuming, and purchase
a fair amount of Piersporters and Rhine-Hessens that I can afford. I
usually get a Kabinett so my wife will drink it too. I like Mosels, but
not too often.
 Yes the photography in Germany, and all of Europe is wonderful. I have
many pictures I took with my my OM2. I just want to get the Ulm Kirche,
inside and out with a 24 shift(anybody want to lend me one?). I want to
use my wideangles to take pictures from the inevitable surrounding hills
of all the towns I visit. I want to use my 300/4.5 to take picture of
the small deer that I use to see all the time, especially when during
guard duty at my unit's ammo dump. And of the festivals that are held
all the time, for many reasons. I have many pictures of all these times,
but of course think I could do better now.  I want to visit a mountain
top called Steinkopf where I spent many a night on manuevers, and see
what I can do withiut all the Army presence
Regards,
John