Re: [OM] 4 layer films

Subject: Re: [OM] 4 layer films
From: Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 15:15:24 +0100
I think elevated rates are still expected this year, but although models have been amazingly accurate in predicted when outbursts will occur (to within a few minutes!) predicting intensities has proved a lot more difficult. I think it's certainly worth looking out on the 19th, because rates may well run into the 1000s per hour, which would be quite an awesome display. Unfortunately the moon will be nearly full on the 19th, so a lot of the fainter meteors will be obscured, and long exposure photography will yield blue skies, but visually it should still be impressive. There's a page about predictions here:

http://comets.amsmeteors.org/meteors/showers/leonidprediction.html

Roger

Wayne Harridge wrote:

What is the prediction for the Leonids this year, better/worse than last year ?

Wayne Harridge