RE: [OM] PhotoShop options?

Subject: RE: [OM] PhotoShop options?
From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 13:51:04 -0600
If the tools you are using do the job you need why spend more money. I
decided several years ago that if I was going to invest the time and effort
in learning a program it might as well be the one the pros use. Now there
are many new, less expensive, photo manipulation software tools that have a
lot of power and Photoshop is overkill for most of us. I'll stay with it
because I like it and don't want to invest my time in another system.

A while back there was a thread about web site design tools. Based upon the
recommendations of some of our web development people, I bought Dreamweaver
MX. I did this again because it was regarded as the best. One penalty you
pay for that is it's immense capability, again, more than I need right now,
drives up the learning time. This is a very powerful tool and I won't
outgrow it any time soon. I think our development gurus advised us soundly.

/jim