RE: [OM] More Mt. Rainier Photos

Subject: RE: [OM] More Mt. Rainier Photos
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 16:04:10 -0700
-snip

Dealing with the extremes of light and dark was mastered well by Galen
Rowell. He preferred to use graduated neutral density filters.

-snip

Even as tourists, we can make better images if we are always conscious of
the management of light and resist the urge to just take snapshots.

/jim

Rowell like Adams was out there enough to visualize photo possibilities when the light changed. He would often return to the scene when the light was the way he wanted it. Hard to to as a tourist. I guess we need to go "on assignment" once in a while.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California