Re: [OM] Re: Discontinued lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Discontinued lenses
From: "Julian Davies" <julian_davies@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 22:43:13 +0100
I inquired about the OM-4 body mount Mark posted the part number for,
CE5734, and was told that there are a few of those in stock...but when they
run out, they're going to become NLA too. Guess I better get one of those
while I can.

Is this part different between 4 and 4T, or was it changed, or are my 4s
worn? I ask because on both my OM4s, the locking slot in the mount has a
very small taper angle on it. Not much, but enough so that when my 35-70/3.6
zoom ring decides to get stiff (as it does occasionally), turning it can
dismount the lens. This is not the same with my TIs, where the slot appears
to have precisely parallel sides, and the lens is always secure. I realise
that the primary fault lies with the lens, and that will get dealt with, but
if the mount rings are getting scarce, maybe I should get a couple on order.
If one does change the rings, does the flange back need checking, or are the
tolerances tight enough?

Julian