Re: [OM] Re: Discontinued lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Discontinued lenses
From: Bill Stanke <bstanke@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 10:52:36 -0700
Stephen:

There you go again, dispelling a popular urban myth!

Your analysis is flawless.  Of course you are better off to sell
something for a dollar, rather than pay to have it hauled off as
rubbish.  I think you tried to dispel the notion that tax benefits drove
Olympus's decision to junk T45 spare parts.  I suspect management gave
the orders, and never thought to ask the warehouse employees if they had
a better idea to dispose of "obsolete" stocks.

I think the number of CEOs, CFOs, and COOs hauled off in handcuffs has
undermined the public's view of our business leaders.  I watch CNBC
every day at lunch.  Lately, the "perp walk" of the latest disgraced
former executive has become the featured noon-time event.

Bill Stanke, CPA