Re: [OM] setting infinity focus on Zuiko 35-70/3.6 lens

Subject: Re: [OM] setting infinity focus on Zuiko 35-70/3.6 lens
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 14:24:46 -0500
It's not unusual for a few (dozen!) of those balls to end up inside the
barrels, too.  There should be 188 (or so) on either side of the flange.

That's pretty far off, focus wise.  Any idea why it's off in the first place?
Any signs of impact, or lens separation?

Anyway, the focus adjustments are under the zoom grip.  There are holes in the
ring to get to 3 screws underneath, and (depending on the version) one or more
set screws as well.  Those are the adjustment at tele.  On the zoom ring itself
are two screws -- those can be loosened and moved forward or backward to adjust
focus at wide.  But I don't think changing either will correct that degree of
error -- something else is probably wrong....