Re: [OM] setting infinity focus on Zuiko 35-70/3.6 lens

Subject: Re: [OM] setting infinity focus on Zuiko 35-70/3.6 lens
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 13:53:41 -0500
Just between you and us -- my trick is to smear a fillet of very light lens
grease
along the inner track to stick the bearings in on that side.  Then you can
gently
slide the barrel down and put the rest of the bearings into the channel formed
when
it's all the way in.  I would still coat the outer track with grease, too -- it
will
keep the bearings from riding up as you screw the cover back down.

Contrary to popular opinion, it doesn't take balls to work on this lens -- as
long
as you've got your bearings....

;^)