[OM] OM Soccer Pics

Subject: [OM] OM Soccer Pics
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 01:37:48 EDT
For some reason, some people who officiate at kids' sports events think they
are officiating at the Olympics.  Remind 'em that this is a KIDS' soccer
game, and some parents are just as interested in pics of their kids having
fun as they are in winning or the quality of the officiating.

I have watched more juvenile behavior from adults at t-ball and little league
and soccer games than I ever observed from the kids.  Coaches, officials, and
parents all behaving so badly I was embarassed for the kids.  Some kids get
soured on sports early on because of that.

Talk to the coach ahead of time.  Get his/her O.K.  Then let the official
boil.  Funny, isn't it, that it doesn't bother the kids to have someone in
the endzone, only the official?

Maybe you could even approach the local soccer organization/association and
get an OFFICIAL O.K. that would put an end to it.

One worst case alternative might be to back off and just use a longer lens,
monopod, tripod.

Don't just give up.

Rich