[OM] OM Soccer Pics

Subject: [OM] OM Soccer Pics
From: "Scott & Barb" <martlet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 12:23:47 -0700
Soccer (aka football) season is in full force in Atlanta.  I have been using an
OM2n with the 200 f4 (thanks Tom!) with very good success.  I generally stand
at the end of the field and follow focus players that come near to the area in
the field which will fill the frame.  There are times when officials do not
allow parents to stand anywhere but on the long side of the field.  Of course,
players usually are not looking to the sidelines so my pictures there have
mainly been profile shots.  I would welcome advice by anyone on choice of lens
or field location for this job.

BTW - I have been having by soccer pic's processing done at the local Walmart -
using qualex for initial three day developing and inhouse mini-lab for
enlargements and reprints.  On my last visit one of the technicians approached
me for help.  Seems one or more of his other customers are using c*nn*n
wonderbricks and cannot get their pictures to come out well.  I suggested they
turn off the automatic settings and use incidental light meter readings (or
wallace disk).  Still I was brimming with pride for the OM system which always
yields such high results.

Scott

Stone MTN GA  USA