[OM] what to do with 6 OM4(T)s...

Subject: [OM] what to do with 6 OM4(T)s...
From: Walt Wayman <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 15:55:07 -0400
Richard writes:
>Walk mentions that he has 6 OM-4(T)s, and I know other of you have
>multi-same bodies. I myself got one for a backup.

>My question is how do you normally use them? Keep different types of
>films?  Keep same films but w/ different lens? Rotate them? Keep most
>of the in reserve just in case?

One for the master, one for the dame, one for the little boy who lives in
the lane.

Actually, I usually have the three 4's of the T persuasion loaded and ready
to go all the time, the Champagne Ti with Kodachrome 64, the black Ti with
Provia 100, and the black T with Provia 400.

When venturing forth with serious, premeditated and planned photographic
intentions, like a vacation trip or weekend outing, I may additionally take
a 4 loaded with a black and white film of some sort, either Plus-X or
Tri-X, and another 4 loaded with a color negative film, usually NPS, NPC or
NPX, depending on what I expect to encounter.

The other 4, the 3, and the 1 sometimes ride along, but, admittedly, they
don't see a lot of regular use.  I've become so accustomed to the OM-4 and
all its buttons that I'm not as quick or as comfortable with any of the
other permutations of the Oly.

If I have to leave the SUV/camera bag, it's never with more than two bodies
and a couple of lenses, and I DON'T GO FAR!

Walt