Re: [OM] what to do with 6 OM4(T)s...

Subject: Re: [OM] what to do with 6 OM4(T)s...
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 23:31:43 +0200
On Sun, 13 Oct 2002 12:26:46 -0700
"Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Walk mentions that he has 6 OM-4(T)s, and I know other of you have
> multi-same bodies. I myself got one for a backup.
>
> My question is how do you normally use them? Keep different types
> of films? Keep same films but w/ different lens? Rotate them? Keep
> most of the in reserve just in case?
>
> I mainly use just one, and the back up is, well, backup.

I may be in a bit of a luxury situation, but I keep kits for
different purposes, each ready in a bag. Each kit contains the lenses
and bodies for the task the kit is designated for. This does imply
some degree of redundancy among the equipment I have, however I can
just "grap a bag" and be ready.

I also have a body or two in reserve, for when some of what I use is
being CLA'ed.

Basically, most of my bodies see on avg. abt. 50 films/year, so they
do get used. The only exception is an OM30, which I am trying to
offload to someone.

  Thomas Heide Clausen
  Civilingeniør i Datateknik (cand.polyt)
  M.Sc in Computer Engineering