Re: [OM] RE: OM-3T vs...

Subject: Re: [OM] RE: OM-3T vs...
From: "om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 11:31:33 -0400
I had an OM-PC and it was nice with the ESP metering.  I also liked the
rubberized coating and the overall handling, TTL flash, MD use, etc.  It
was a bit clunky, but not too much.  But I think that an OM-4/4Ti with the
spot metering beats it hands-down for a "real" photographer. (but that's
$75 vs. $500!) :-o

But my real beef with the OM-PC is that they're just not reliable enough
for my perverse nature.  I had two die on me and get the degenerative
circuit disease.  I ended up always having a backup body, and the OMPC was
supposed to BE the backup body.  So even after medical attention, they
never were right and got sold AS-IS on E**y.   It was an amatuer camera
built in the mid-1980's and the electronics just doesn't hold up after all
this time in many cases.

Be forewarned.

Skip