[OM] ( OM ) Re: to html or not

Subject: [OM] ( OM ) Re: to html or not
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 22:02:58 +1300
Hi folks,

I don't want to drag this thing out, but here are some other points of view
that
haven't been aired in this most recent debate on this topic.

Most members of this OM group prefer the digest format. About 360 to 240
"get the lot separately" listees.

The advantages of the digest is that the inbox is MUCH less crowded. In
these days of multiple spam and virus messages, I like to delete suspect
mail on the ISP server before it gets anywhere near my machine. It takes
some time to wade through the lot and cull out the chaff. Knowing that the
digest should be free of spam and active viruses means probably that I save
15 minutes a day of valuable connected time not having to go through the list
as with a fine-tooth comb looking for nits.

I'm sorry that some people are forced to pass on html. If that happened to
me, I'd have a short sharp message for the cretins who imposed it, and go
elsewhere, pronto. I guess I'm fortunate with my choice of ISP. I certainly
telephone them at intervals and congratulate them on their excellent anti-
virus screening.

Brian