Re: [OM] Strange meter in my OM-1n

Subject: Re: [OM] Strange meter in my OM-1n
From: julian_davies@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 17:19:14 +0100 (BST)
With the meter off, and therefore no current flowing in the circuit, movement
in the meter can only be caused by the coupling arangements. Moving the film
speed dial physically rotates the base of the galvanometer, as does changing
aperture and shutter speed. This implies that the settings which centre the
meter under these conditions is the absolute minumum limit of possible
measurement for the meter (ie no current from the CdS cells).
When the meter is swithched on, the Cds cells become active, and the meter
needle will deflect upwards in proportion to the current. In that case the
reading should match the OM4 (ish). Never tried this myself, so I don't know if
10 stops is the right answer.

Julian