Re: [OM] Strange meter in my OM-1n

Subject: Re: [OM] Strange meter in my OM-1n
From: Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2002 15:53:59 +0100
No, it should move even if the meter is off. With a 50/1.8 on the front, film speed 100 and shutter speed set to B, the needle should roughly centre. Both my OM-1 and OM-1n do this.

Cheers,
Roger

Johan Malmström wrote:

Hi all!

The light meter in my OM-1n has strange behavior, it measures light even
when the on/off switch points at off. The measured light is about 10 steps
less than actual reading for example:

ISO at 1600:
OFF: 1/8 s f= 2.8
ON: 1/250 f=22 (same result with my OM-4)

Battery is a rather fresh Hg. This camera was serviced last year after a dip
in the Baltic Sea (semi-salt...). Could this be a result of the dip in the
sea or is this behavior common to other OM-1n's?

/ Johan