[OM] line screens

Subject: [OM] line screens
From: "Bill Pearce" <bspearce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 11:00:32 -0500
"As a comparison, most good quality magazine print
at 2450dpi. "

I would be interested in some examples. Here in 'murrica, most magazines
print at 133 line screen, 150 at best, which is 300 ppi ( let's not get into
the lpi/dpi/ppi business just yet), so 2450 would be the equibelent of a
1225 line screen, something I've never heard of. The Lenswork silver print I
mentioned a week ago was made with a 425 line screen, whcih would be an 850
ppi scan, and that is considered pretty high quality.

Maybe there is something different in Hong Kong, as there are many fine
printers there. I have a friend that publishes books about trains that are
mostly photos, and he uses a Hong Kong printer, nearly halfway around the
world, to good result.

Bill Pearce