Re: [OM] Oly 1.5x teleconverter

Subject: Re: [OM] Oly 1.5x teleconverter
From: Walt Wayman <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2002 11:19:22 -0400
Garth wrote:

>Um, well, when I checked B&H's website (about 30 seconds ago)
>they claim to have the 1.4X-A teleconverter (*not* a 1.5) in
>stock, new, for $599.95 U.S.  Amongst other reasons for its
>price, it is matched to several of Oly's premium lenses, and
>according to reviews and lens tests I've seen over the years,
>truly does produce an outstanding image combined with these
lenses.  I doubt it would fit other lenses -- its front element
>protrudes quite a bit.

In addition to certain of the Zuikos, it works great with the Tamron
300/2.8, turning it into a 420/4 that I regularly use instead of the Zuiko
400/6.3.  The results are at least as good, maybe even better.  The Zuiko
sees service now only when weight is a MAJOR consideration and when there's
plenty of light.  Otherwise, it's the 1.4X-A and Tamron 300/2.8 combo every
time.

Walt