Re: [OM] Prism for OM1n

Subject: Re: [OM] Prism for OM1n
From: Pschings@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2002 11:02:33 EDT
Cc: trevorupsd@xxxxxxxxxx
In a message dated 10/6/2002 8:46:16 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
trevorupsd@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

I have read the material on the Hardware Resource page, especially the Camera
Craftsman article.  (Thanks to the people/person who made this excellent
resouce available).  I think it may be possible for me to exchange the prism
myself if I could locate a prism or a parts camera from which I could remove
one.

Does anyone have either of these that they would be interested in selling?

I also need the basic instruction on how to remove the top cover of the OM1.
I realize that this may sound silly coming from someone who thinks he can do
something once he is inside, but the articles I have read not unreasonably
assume this ability.

I hope someone can assist.  I suppose it will also be of assistance if the
warning comes, "Don't try to do it!"

Trevor,

I can't help you with instructions on repairing your OM-1, but you should
know that the prism on the OM-10 is the same one as in the OM-1 (might be
true for the OM-20/OM-G as well, but I'm not sure). Cheap OM-10s are a good
source of prisms for the OM-1/OM-2.

Paul Schings