Re: [OM] what's good... OM Lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] what's good... OM Lenses
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2002 21:06:36 +0800
For lens, I think the MTF at low frequency will indicate the sharpness more,
the MTF at high frequency indicates the resolving power more. For film, the
sharpness depends on the grain structure, some high speed film may have
better appearance sharpness due to the grain.

For fashion shoots, I did a lot long ago, it was around 1988-92. At that
time I always check the newspaper for such events. The best position being
the front facing the end of the bridge where the models will stop and turn
around there. They usually walk very fast and it is not easy to capture them
when they are walking so the best shooting time will be when they are
stopped and turn around. Also, at that point they are more far from the
background and it is easier to get a out-focus background.

For most of the shots, I use a 85-135mm lens to get 2/3 to half length
portrait, for film I usually use ISO 200 negative with flash although I have
tried both daylight and tungsten slides but with flash it is easier to get
sharper result. With today's good quality high speed film I will try ISO800
negative with a blue filter for color correction (may be correct the color
later in PS also work, in this case ISO400 film will be good enough).

C.H.Ling