Re: [OM] Ink for 1280 Epson printer

Subject: Re: [OM] Ink for 1280 Epson printer
From: "Tim Chakravorty" <suchismit@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2002 09:27:26 -0700
Every time you turn on the printer it goes through a clean cycle, and if you
don't use your printer
in a really long time it will get clogged no matter what brand ink you are
using. The printer driver
allows you to manually clean the nozzles (not with your hands of course) and
doing that
a couple of times will normally fix  clog problems. Epson recommends you print
at least one page
a week but I have gone for several without the nozzles clogging up.
While Epson inks are outrageously expensive at stores, 3rd party inks for the
1280
and others are plentyfully available and I have had very good results with
these (printpal.com)
BTW, use quality paper (Epson, HP, etc) which will make more of a difference
than OEM inks.

-Tim