[OM] [OT] Trying the whole Graflex thing again

Subject: [OM] [OT] Trying the whole Graflex thing again
From: "M. Lloyd" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 23:21:30 -0700 (PDT)
One of the major reasons I stick with Olympus is
because on E-Bay I know what to look for and what to
get as well as knowing the system really well.One
thing you have to hand to Olympus is the fact that
they only have 4 main body types and a very compact
system whereas Canon and Nikon have a mind boggling
array of camera body specific stuff as well as tons of
different cameras I wouldn't know where to begin in
building a different 35mm SLR system. anyway...

Last year I tried getting a Speed Graphic off of E-bay
but didn't know what I was getting into and basically
got a moldy camera with no film holders or anything.
Luckily the lens and shutter were in very good shape
and I was able to sell it at cost a month later.

Now I'm going to try again...

At least I know what to ask for I think. Whether the
camera has been used recently, getting a camera with
film holders, if the shutter and lens are in good
shape, whether the bellows are light tight, making
sure it has the Graflok back, and especially if there
is a smell of moldyness. Hopefully thse will help me
sniff out a lemon or highlight a good one.

The questions I have for the list regarding this
matter are as follows?

1: Are there any other questions I should ask that
will help me?

2: What focal legnth is a 135mm lens in 4x5 terms? (I
am going to try and use my OM-4(t) as the meter for
this camera if possible.)

3: Are there any good online guides as to how to use a
4x5 camera as I am basically jumping into this
somewhat headfirst (again) and I need to know how to
operate the camera before using it ;-)

That's all for now thanks for your replies and wish me
luck!

Mark Lloyd