Re: [OM] Ouotable Quote

Subject: Re: [OM] Ouotable Quote
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 19:33:11 -0700
At 09:22 PM 9/27/2002 -0700, Tim Chakravorty wrote:
..."We will stop the research on high resolution CCD."

"We have been continuously developing high quality digital camera with high resolution CCD. But E-10's 4M pixels CCD is able to give very satisfactory results even in enlarged prints. I think this is the end of the high resolution CCD competition."

"5M or 6M pixels are too much for consumer use. Operation, design and other added values are more important from now on."
..

Well, personally, my main disappointment w/ the Photokina show is not that the 4/3 system (what kidn of dumb name is that) is not good enough, but that they don't have anything to show per se. They announced that initiatives 18 months ago. Within that timeframe, you'd think they could get half a dozen lens design done. We deserve a better prototype than a chopped up E-20 mockup. Just give us our darned DigitalOM-5. It doesn't even have to take Zuikos un-altered.

Then again, Olympus doesn't have to care about us, and they haven't since the OM-3Ti.