[OM] Ouotable Quote

Subject: [OM] Ouotable Quote
From: "Tim Chakravorty" <suchismit@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 21:22:02 -0700
Here is a thought provoking quote that I found while browsing through the
'Maitani Fan' site :
{ http://www.geocities.com/maitani_fan }
-Tim

Olympus CCD Philosophy

4 mega pixels CCD is good enough for consumer use

In the Camedia E-10 press conference on 22 August 2000, the President of
Olympus, Mr Masatoshi Kishimoto gave the following remarks.

"We will stop the research on high resolution CCD."

"We have been continuously developing high quality digital camera with high
resolution CCD. But E-10's 4M pixels CCD is able to give
very satisfactory results even in enlarged prints. I think this is the end of
the high resolution CCD competition."

"5M or 6M pixels are too much for consumer use. Operation, design and other
added values are more important from now on."