RE: [OM] Tokina zoom question

Subject: RE: [OM] Tokina zoom question
From: "Angel Lobo" <angel.lobo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 19:48:06 +0200

> Anyone knows what is the minimum focusing distance for a Tokina 28-85 F4?
> Any other comment is appreciated too.
>
> Ralf Loi

Hello Ralf and all.

The min. foc. distance is 0.60 or 0.65 m. The first distance engraved is
0.75 m.

I think this lens ( at least my lens ) gives a warm colour rendition, maybe
because the glue of the lenses along the years as C.H. Ling suggests.

R. Monaham says this lens is better than the Tok. 28-85 3.5-4.5 AT-X, but
this one has macro ability. You can watch the lens test of the two Tokina
zooms on the Gary Reese lens test web site. Both lenses on the Gary´s site
are my own lenses and I don´t now very well the performance differences
watching my own tests pictures. One thing is clear for me, both lenses give
the warm colour rendition, more hard the old RMC lens ( f4).

My RMC lens (f 4) is from 1979 and I know other from 1980. (79 and 80 are
the first two numbers of the serial number).

Anyway, I think it is a real Third Party classic lens, a big lens (72
filter) with the front ring doing the work of auto-shade on the same time
you are going to the tele side like do the Zuiko 35-70 3.6 with the shade. A
real pleasure to use this two touch Tok. zoom with a OM camera and winder.

This Tok. RMC zoom 28-85 f 4 has an almost twin brother ( with the Hoya
brand ). And some people think a lot about the simil. Tok. 28-85 f 4 zoom -
C*n*n 28-85 f 4 Zoom.

Some days ago there was one Tok RMC 28-85 f 4 on eb*y, sold on only $ 49
from Canada.

I don´t know the number of elements/groups of the zoom.

I really like this kind of old lenses.

Best from Spain.

Ángel Lobo.