Re: [OM] Digital photography article

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital photography article
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 21:58:00 -0400
Chris,

I understand your concern, but have to say the E-20 has finally reached the
point in quality that I won't feel the need to replace it too soon.  It
would take a huge leap -- 10+ megapixels to make me change.

Tom

I'm sorry to be negative 2 emails in a row, but I cannot see how
digitals can be worthwhile buying at present.  The small cheap ones
are, well, small and cheap; they lack storage and quality as you
imply.  The more sophisticated ones still lack the quality that their
prices warrant (or vice versa).  And they are all obsolescent as you
walk out of the shop door with them.

I accept that Tom and Mickey have found a use for their E10s or 20s,
but it would gall me to buy something for over £1000 sterling (in
this country) only for it to be superseded and worthless within 6-8
months.  That is one reason that I have a Mac: it remains usable for
longer than its Intel (et al) based counterpart.

Chris