RE: [OM] Digital photography article

Subject: RE: [OM] Digital photography article
From: "Daniel J. Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 14:43:12 -0600
> I'm sorry to be negative 2 emails in a row, but I cannot see how
> digitals can be worthwhile buying at present.

 It depends on what you want to do with one. I've been very happy with the
2mp point-and-shoot I got; no zoom, autofocus, not a lot of exposure control
-- but it's very pocket-sized, pretty sturdy, and the images are more than
good enough for what I want from them, ie selling things on e*ay / knocking
together a quick web site for a ride [1], or just taking snapshots when all
I want is snapshots and not to have to worry about anything.

 Sure, it's not going to take masterpieces, but sometimes I don't mind.

 -- dan

 [1] for instance:
http://www.danielmitchell.net/gallery/index.php?currDir=./PrairieView10Jul20
02