Re: [OM] slow film was The death of film.. pt n+1

Subject: Re: [OM] slow film was The death of film.. pt n+1
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 02:41:15 -0700
At 05:59 PM 9/21/2002 -0700, you wrote:
I use to use 400 speed for everything. On the Superia 400's, it was sufficiently sharp that I didn't mind the quality and the 2 extra stops. Recently, I have been using 100 a lot more, especially for portrait shots. I found that I can open up the f-stop wide, and give me a soft blurred background and also, the image is a lot softer (on almost all my lenses) at the widest aperture, and so I have gotten comments from women on how "their skin looks so great in MY pictures". hehehe... Also, the 100 Reala is very smooth, and no visible grain on a 4x6. Most of my portrait subjects have been overly happy with the results...

Albert

Hmmm.... 4x6? I don't even see grain on ASA800 film on 4x6s!!!!