RE: [OM] The death of film.. pt n+1

Subject: RE: [OM] The death of film.. pt n+1
From: "Daniel J. Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 17:22:41 -0600
> I noticed that they had the Kodak Gold in ISO 100.  For use in "Bright
> Sun".

 I'm amused by the Kodak boxes -- ISO 100 is for "bright sun", ISO 200 for
"bright sun, shade", ... ISO 800 for "bright sun, shade, action, zoom".
Given that much info, why would anyone buy 100 film, really? I guess it's
not really in Kodak's interest to add a final column for "chunky grain"..

> Wal-mart, etc. seem to have stopped selling it though.  I
> bought a bunch for about $1 a roll on "close-out".

 Yeah, the last lot I bought was on offer because it's expiry date was a
week away. I should have a look around and see what's out there.

 -- dan