Re: [OM] spot-metering body

Subject: Re: [OM] spot-metering body
From: w shumaker <rlist@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 10:24:18 -0400
At 10:38 PM 9/15/2002, Albert wrote:
> <snip>
> The OM4 is pretty unique... I've just downloaded about 60 megs of lit
> on it... brochures and everything...

The beginning of a well known disease on this list... And you start out
thinking you can live with just a couple of lenses. Already you are
considering a 24. The biggest advantage between the OM-3's and the 4's
is the ability on the OM-3,3t to set the shutter speed lower than
1/60th while still getting TTL flash control, which can be adjusted
with the exposure compensation dial. The 4's lock the shutter speed at
1/60th during flash (except super FP on the 4t). Otherwise, the 4t is
much more useful than a 3. But you should get out of OM's now and go
check out the F100. Did I mention it has matrix metering?

Wayne