Re: [OM] spot-metering body

Subject: Re: [OM] spot-metering body
From: Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 19:38:00 -0700
I have:

OM 28mm/f2.8 (Which I think is just ok, not as sharp as I'd like.. Color is good though.) OM 50mm/f1.8 (The best kept secret on earth. Sharper then my Gillette, and $$$ best bang for the buck) Tokina 90mm/f2.5 Macro (The sharpest lens in the bag, hands down. Nothing comes close.)

I was thinking of getting a 24mm/f2.8, and maybe a 2x teleconverter, and that's it. I don't have much need for any other lenses, these 3 have covered 950f my needs. Once in a while, I've wanted a 24mm, but that's it. I'd like a 200mm, but I figure if I buy a 2x converter for my 90mm, I'm close, while only losing 1 stop..

I only lose 1 stop with a 2x right??

The OM4 is pretty unique... I've just downloaded about 60 megs of lit on it... brochures and everything...

So let me get this straight, it's like aperature priority all the time on Auto right? I'm not sure I understand the difference between it and the OM3, other then the OM3 has a mechanical shutter...
Albert

William Sommerwerck wrote:

"I'm wondering on the intelligence of investing in an OM-4Ti. It's a dead system... But I would like spot metering on my OM-1n, and I'm wondering if another brand wouldn't be a better buy. I currently have 3 lenses... and that seems to be the leverage in investment, but for an OM-4Ti, I can buy quite a bit of another brand... Or go digital SLR..." The OM-4 is a unique. No other camera has its multi-spot measurement system. If nothing else, it gives you a way to analyze the subject that no other film-based camera can. If that -- rather than just taking a single spot reading -- is useful or important to you, then the OM-4T is the only way to go. However, I think the lenses should be the deciding factor. Three lenses is not much of a collection. If these are the only lenses you think you'll ever need, stick with Olympus. On the other hand, if you think you'll want other lenses, and they aren't or won't be available from Olympus, I would dump your Olympus system immediately.