Re: [OM] F280 Super FP revisited

Subject: Re: [OM] F280 Super FP revisited
From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 14:42:44 +0200
On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 12:31:54PM -0400, John Hermanson wrote:
> Yes the 280 does  a series of pulses and all the pulses may NOT be equal so
> you may find uneven exposure across some frames.

One thing I learnd from a erlier F280 discussion is, that the
puls frequency is not constant. The flash raises the flash rate
during the exposure.
When I first heared of this It made me insecure too. But
I guess this is to compensate for the capacitor voltage drop,
(less energy per flash) to keep the light output lever equal.

I think Olympus did a  lot of engineering effort, to make the
flash characteristic as simple as possible. So it acts just like
another continious light source. Not more not less.
Only the output level is a bit low. Still looking for a suitable
flash Zoom adapter.

Frieder Faig