Re: [OM] megapixel madness?

Subject: Re: [OM] megapixel madness?
From: plp@xxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 14:02:50 GMT
Cc:
>You are right, that is exactly the point, only Nikon and
>Canon users are in demand of full frame as they have load
>of AF lenses. We are now free to choose, if Olympus offer
>a capable and lower cost (I expect the cost will be lower
>for smaller lenses) system why you need to switch to a
>heavier one?

Here's the problem.  For Olympus to give us a 28mm lens
capability, the actual lens construction will have to be
that of a 17.5mm (assuming a 1.6 magnification factor,
insert the proper one if you want precise results).  As
we all know, making quality wide angle lenses is difficult
and involves many more elements.  This is one of the main
reasons why people are so interested in full-frame DSLRs.
The new Olympus DSLR will be fine from 45mm on up, but it
will be interesting to see what happens below that.

Pete