RE: [OM] ( OM ) Records of shots taken. (was: Jumping into the Po ol

Subject: RE: [OM] ( OM ) Records of shots taken. (was: Jumping into the Po ol
From: Scott Gomez <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 23:28:28 -0700
Nope... but I have just completed looking at a variety of "photo exposure
note taking" software for the Palm OS (all I could find, actually, which was
about 5 or 6 offerings) and can categorically state that as far as I am
concerned, no one that was actually ever out there taking photos and trying
to USE it was the writer of any of it. It's pretty uniformly junk.

My particular wish list?

Enter the data for a roll, such as length (12, 24, 36 ?? exposures), ASA,
film type and then the software:

1. AUTONUMBERS exposures! Duh, automation by a computer, what a concept...
Oh, yeah, and it should start counting at "1" not "Zero."
2. Allows the selection of a previous entered lens (such as a 135/2.8) and
then offers, via radio buttons, only the stops that lens has.
3. Allows configuration and subsequent selection of exposure compensation
setting
4. Has a short note field
5. Defaults to the current date and time.
6. Includes configuration settings for various camera bodies, with
subsequent default settings available once a body is selected for a roll.
7. Includes a filter list
8. Includes an option to provide a user configurable Roll ID "number," and
then sequences that number automagically.

There's one that's *close* (I'll have to double-check the name of it) but
NONE that are inviting/conducive to use by not requiring a lot of ridiculous
data-entry navigation due to dumb interface design.

---
Scott Gomez