Re: [OM] not true

Subject: Re: [OM] not true
From: bsandyman@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 12:44:37 +0000
Whoops. Apparently I was too zealous in my summary. My
apologies.

Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 17:05:00 -0500
From: "Bill Pearce" <bspearce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [OM] not true

"Everyone who suggested film changes, suggested slide
film. "

Although I did mention Astia and Sensia, my first
suggestion, and the one I
would try first myself, is Portra 160NC, a negative film.

Beware underexposing negative films. Kodak's,
especially, are rated very
generously. Although the full stop overexposure we used
to give VPS isn't
necessary, a bit extra won't help. With the portra
films, I bias my
exposures to the shadows, as the highlights don't block
up, like on chromes.
I would be quite surprised if your problem was due to
under exposure, as
modern negative films have quite wide latitude.

Bill Pearce