Re: [OM] Tamron vs. Zuiko

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron vs. Zuiko
From: "Julian Davies" <julian_davies@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 15:06:03 +0100
Could well be. I never bought from them at the time, although it was
definitely from the late 70s early 80s that I remember the ads in Amateur
Photographer. I was an impecunious schoolboy, and my father was making
regular trips to Singapore, so very little of my original outfit (since
stolen) was bought in the U.K. I used to read the ads just to give him a
"don't pay more than 750f this" number. One of these items was a second -
type Tamron 80-210 AD2, which did me proud for many years.
I don't remember Zuikos featuring in the advertisements, but you obviously
have solid evidence that they did!

Julian