RE: [OM] cross point screws follow up; JIS cross-point screws

Subject: RE: [OM] cross point screws follow up; JIS cross-point screws
From: Dan Lau <dlau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 14:16:12 -0700 (PDT)
On Tue, 03 Sep 2002 13:52, Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Here's a better scan that I think clearly shows the difference between
>the #0 philips point (silver) and the #1 JIS point (black). The philips
>driver is Craftsman (Sears) and I can't remember where I picked up the
>JIS set but Lee Valley shows a suspiciously similar set ...
>Note however that LV erroneously labels them "philips" which is
>clearly not the case.

Thank you, Mike, for continuously trying to educate us on the
fine points of camera screws.  However, once again, I must say
that based on your pictures, the Phillips screw driver looks
more "pointed" to me than the "cross-point" driver.  I don't
know if that is one of the distinctions between these two types
of screw drivers.
        -Dan