RE: [OM] cross point screws follow up; JIS cross-point screws

Subject: RE: [OM] cross point screws follow up; JIS cross-point screws
From: "Daniel J. Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 12:48:59 -0600
> Likewise, on a bicycle, an M5x12 screw and an M5x20 screw have
> the same pitch, just different lengths.

 Well, to add to the fun, the range of screws in the model shop that looked
like they might be the right size were called "0-80 x 1/4" and "0-72 x 1/4".
The ones for the Rolleiflex were a tiny bit smaller than the 0-72, but a lot
bigger than the 0-80.

 The metric 2x... ones were sensibly named, but the screws in question were
about 1.5mm or so across, so I don't think that 0-72 = 1/72nd of an inch,
either

 -- dan