Re: [OM] In lieu of a digital OM back, a 35mm scanner?; Linux

Subject: Re: [OM] In lieu of a digital OM back, a 35mm scanner?; Linux
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 14:10:19 -0700
From: "Ian BManners"

> If you are talking about the HP 3c or similar SCSI scanners, they
> work fine with the Adaptec PCI SCSI cards, and should work
> with any SCSI card as long as you have a cable &/or adapter
> to connect it with.

> Oops, ment to also say you can pickup Adaptec 7800 chipset
> PCI SCSI cards from swap meets etc for as low as US$10.00,
> or at least you can here in Australia.

Ian,
If as you say adequate PCI SCSI cards can be picked up cheaply this
would be a good solution. These are the issues with which I have to
deal. The scanner I have is the HP PhotoSmart and I also have an old
Microtek E3 flatbed. Each is running on it's own proprietary card. This
is mainly because these cards do not allow more than one device. Also
each scanner takes a different connector. I assume the E3's is the first
type of SCSI while the PhotoSmart uses the 2nd generation SCSI. Would
these 7800 chipset cards work in this case? with the right adapters of
course. The other problem i have is living out in the sticks with no
swap meet within 4-5 hours :>(

Mike
--
Latitude 48° 32' North, Longitude 123° 7' West