Re: [OM] In lieu of a digital OM back, a 35mm scanner?; Linux

Subject: Re: [OM] In lieu of a digital OM back, a 35mm scanner?; Linux
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 09:34:18 -0700
> I've had generally good results from my HP scanner, too, the old
> SCSI version, not the newer USB one.  Good enough for 11" prints
> at least, assuming well-exposed negatives, and I've never had any
> trouble with the scanner operationally or mechanically.
>
> I'd love to have something faster and higher resolution, but the
> HP does work more than adequately for my uses.

This is a bit belated as I am several digests behind.

This is my experience with the same scanner, the old SCSI model. It is
adequate for my needs and it is bought and paid for. The main problem
I'm having is that newer motherboards lack ISA
slots so I'm stuck at 450mhz on this board. It really doesn't make any
sense to spend
money on a new PCI SCSI card. Besides I'm not sure this scanner would
work on anything but the proprietary card that came with it. Does anyone
know of a newer mobo that still supports ISA?

mike

--
Latitude 48° 32' North, Longitude 123° 7' West