Re: [OM] Diopter for eyecup 1

Subject: Re: [OM] Diopter for eyecup 1
From: "CyberSimian" <CyberSimian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 16:05:07 -0000
----- Original Message -----
From: Dan DusSault
Sent: Saturday, August 31, 2002 1:19 AM
Subject: [OM] Diopter for eyecup 1

>I'm trying to find  -1 and -2 diopter lenses for eyecup 1.
>I havn't run across any on ebay, and there are no camera
>shops in my area that have any used stuff.

There are three Olympus diopter lenses available on UK Ebay at the
moment: -1, -2, and +1:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1377026871
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1377027444
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1377027825

The seller ships internationally.

An alternative is to buy a "generic" lens made by an independent
manufacturer, and probably marketed by large camera stores as their own
brand.  I bought a "Jessops brand" lens from Jessops in the UK, and it fits
the Eyecup 1 perfectly.  It might be worthwhile trying your local camera
stores to see what they have.  One caution: there is some confusion about
lens strengths (different manufacturers use different systems), so if you
think you need (say) -2, you might actually need -1, -2, or -3 (depending on
how the manufacturer "rates" the lens strength).

-- from Cy in the UK