[OM] Can-type lens hood for 85/2 or 100/2.8 lens

Subject: [OM] Can-type lens hood for 85/2 or 100/2.8 lens
From: plp@xxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 04:08:02 GMT
Cc:
The standard rubber lens hood for the 85/2 and 100/2.8 is
not quite at a right angle to the camera, but is angled
out a few degrees.  But I wonder if that is due to the
designer wanting the lens hood to fit over the lens in the
hard case.  Has anyone tried a lens hood like B&W's can-
type (at a right angle to the camera) # BWLHTM49?  I suspect
it would work just fine, as Gary's lens tests show both of
the above lenses to have great vignetting performance.  The
100/2 has a built-in can-type lens hood, but of course that
is a premier lens.  The rubber lens hoods can warp and deform
so I wonder if a steel lens hood would work out better.

Pete