Re: [OM] [OT] World Academy of Medicine

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] World Academy of Medicine
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 10:57:41 -0700
on 8/29/02 12:59 AM, Olaf Greve at o.greve@xxxxxxx wrote:

> In other words: everything sounds fishy, vapour-ware like, or at best a new
> association in its start-up phase. However, if you look at the page, it
> _appears_ to be a big organisation, having lots of establishments all around
> the world....

I say you should trust your instincts on this one... it sounds like this is
one of those 'vanity' organizations, the kind that tell you that "... you
have been selected to be part of 'Who's Who of OM Photography'..." and that
you can have your pictures included with your listing for just $10 each and
you can buy a personal copy of the book for just $75... If they ever
actually publish the book its usually worthless, and the goal is to recruit
those people vain or insecure enough to want this 'recognition' to pay money
for it. Often the promised book is never published, and the 'organization'
just disappears with the money. Its easy to look 'big and substantial' on
the web, and equally easy to claim all sorts of affiliations because most
people will never check them out.

I'd say if you are doing work for this guy, get paid in cash and get paid
first. I'll leave to you the moral evaluation of whether you -should- do any
work for him in the first place...
--

Jim Brokaw