[OM] Lots of Questions

Subject: [OM] Lots of Questions
From: "Grigorov, Boris" <BGrigorov@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 08:09:17 -0400
Sorry about the previous message, I got distracted and sent it before was
even written.
1. Memorial weekend is coming up and as many of you I plan to spend it
outdoors.  We are going to Arcadia National Park.  Can anyone tell me what
photographic opportunities exist there? It would be helpful if you tell me
what is the best time to take the pictures, I do not put the camera in the
bag in the midday, since some subjects are better photographed at that time.
2. Does anyone know websites that would give me the location Moon charts the
professional photographers use?
3. Forgive me for the heresy, but there is only one thing about OLY I have
ever complained to this list.  The image in the viewfinder is too close to
my eye.  As you know I recently bought a TLR and really like how I can view
the image.  Since I do not plan to give up my OLY gear any soon, I would
like to know if there is a device that I could attach so I could see the
picture from a larger distance, it is easier to compose.
4. I have decided to have my digital darkroom (I am setting a wet one for
b&w...)complete by Christmas.  No digital camera, just a scanner and a
printer.  From your messages I learned that it is better to scan slides and
this brings me to my question: What film should I use?  What I need is a
film that does not require refrigeration, I work long hours and sometimes it
takes weeks before the next shooting session (doesn't this sound grand...).
I have semi solution to this problem: signed for class at the local
university just to have the excuse to shoot and also to learn b&w printing.
I like landscapes.
5. Someone on this list told us about a year ago about his HP printer and
how people always thought that he uses wet processing, can I have the model
again, please?  I would like to consider it, even if it is an older model.
6. I know I am going to learn it in that class, but can you print b&w
pictures from color print and slide film?
&. Doro recently send a link to a website which you can set to bid on
evilbay at the last second for you.  Doro, can you resend that link to me,
please? Thanks in advance.
7. Four or five years ago, it was very popular to write about how one
pronounce Zuiko.  I posted a question, but never got an answer.  How do you
pronounce the Z in it?  Is it as in English or as in German (word that come
in mind are Zug, Zahn...).  Maybe the closest to that in English is how
Mozart is pronounced, something like ts pronounced very fast, I do not know
how to explain it better.
Thank you very, very much in advance and I apologize for the long list.
Boris

]Boris Grigorov
]
]Avionics Integration Engineer